Terms of Hire
These are the terms and conditions for hire of equipment from MP Screeding. The equipment is for your use and must not be lent, sold, hired to or used by anyone else.
MP screeding Ltd have agreed with you:
- Details of the equipment that you are hiring from us
- The duration of equipment hire
- Hire charges and deposit
- The cost of delivery (if outside of free delivery area), collection
We can ask you to pay a deposit for the equipment.
If you return the equipment to us (or make it available for us to collect) on time and clean, undamaged and working properly, we will refund the deposit to you, after taking off any hire charges or other amounts which you owe us.
If you don't return the equipment to us (or make it available for us to collect) clean, undamaged and working properly, we will keep some or all of the deposit to cover reasonable costs for any repair or cleaning (or both) which we have to carry out so we can hire it out again. We will refund the rest of the deposit to you, after taking off any hire charges or any other amounts which you owe us.
3 Hire charges
We have agreed with you the daily, weekly and/or monthly hire rates.
You must pay the daily and weekly hire charges at the time agreed during enquiries into the equipment hire. This will be confirmed before equipment is collected or delivered.
4 Collecting and returning the equipment
If the delivery and collection service is not used you are responsible for collecting the equipment from us and for returning it to us at the end of the hire period. The equipment is your responsibility from the time we hand it over to you until the equipments return to.
5 Delivery, collection and other services on site
- If you agree to use our delivery service, the equipment is your responsibility from the time we have unloaded it on site.
- If we agree with you to deliver or collect equipment, you must pay for the delivery (if outside of our free delivery area), collection or other services on top of the hire charges. If we have to wait on site before making a delivery or collection we will be entitled to charge for waiting time at the agreed rate.
- You are responsible for clearing and preparing the site to make it ready for delivery.
- MP Screeding Ltd will make every effort to deliver or collect equipment at the time agreed with you. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any costs or expenses you have if we are not able to do so for reasons beyond our control.
- You must make sure that you (or your staff) are available on site to oversee the delivery or collection of the equipment, or our other services.
- If the equipment needs to be installed on site, you will be responsible for arranging this. Installation must be carried out by competent, properly-qualified and supervised staff.
- If we agree with you to collect equipment from site we will check the equipment once it comes back to our depot to make sure that it is clean, not damaged and working properly.
6 Condition of the equipment when you return it or we collect it
The equipment must be returned or collected clean, undamaged and working properly.
If you do not return the equipment to us clean, undamaged and working properly, you will be responsible for our costs for any repair and/or cleaning which we have to carry.
7 Access and safety on site
You must make sure that there is safe access to the site so we can deliver or collect the equipment on site. You must make sure that there are suitable and safe loading and unloading facilities. When we are on your site to deliver or collect equipment or to provide other services, they are under your direction and control. You must make sure that they can work safely and efficiently on your site. You will be responsible for any damage or injury caused to, or by, our staff, vehicles or equipment while on your site (unless our staff have been negligent or have failed to follow your proper instructions).
8 Using the equipment safely
- If the equipment causes damage or injury to any person or property, you must let us know immediately.
- If the equipment is damaged while you are using it, you must stop using it let us know immediately.
While you have the equipment, you are responsible for making sure it is used safely and correctly. You must make sure that the equipment is used only by a competent, qualified operator. You must follow any instructions that we give you on using the equipment safely and correctly.
9 Maintaining the equipment
While you have the equipment, you are responsible for its running maintenance, such as lubrication. You must carry out running maintenance whenever necessary to Make sure that the equipment is not suffering from too much wear and tear, or being used in a way that is damaging it. You are responsible for refuelling the equipment (and you must make sure you use the correct type of fuel ).
If the equipment breaks down, you must inform us know immediately.
You will be responsible for all hire charges up to the time you let us know that the equipment has broken down. We will not give an allowance for idle time if a breakdown has been caused by your negligence or failure to follow instructions that we give you on using the equipment safely and correctly. You may also be responsible for our reasonable costs for repairing the equipment if the breakdown is caused by your negligence or improper use.
11 Protecting the equipment
The hire equipment must stay in your possession and control at all times. You must not move the equipment off site. You must take reasonable measures to keep the equipment safe and secure.
While you have the equipment, you must not modify or adapt the equipment or remove any labels, try to repair the equipment, unless you have our permission (this does not prevent you from carrying out necessary running maintenance such as lubrication), or continue to use the equipment if it has been damaged.
12 Loss, damage and insurance
While you have the equipment, you will be responsible for fire, theft and damage (accidental or otherwise) to the equipment. Your responsibility continues until we have signed for the the equipment when you return it to us (or we collect it from you). This means that your responsibility for the equipment continues while it is in your possession.
If the equipment is stolen or damaged beyond economic repair while you have it, you must let us know immediately. You will be responsible for paying us:
- The manufacturer's recommended list price for the equipment, less a reasonable allowance for wear and tear to the equipment and age.
- 50% of our standard hire charge for the period from the theft or damage until the time we receive your payment for damaged unit.
- You are not responsible for fair wear and tear to the equipment while you have it. Neither are you responsible for any damage to the equipment which results from a fault in the equipment or from our negligence.
If somebody other than you makes any claim against us for any loss, damage or injury caused by the equipment while you have it, you must meet the cost of a claim on our behalf. The only exception to this is where the loss, damage or injury results from our negligence or failure to keep to our responsibilities under this contract.
13 Ending this contract
Unless we have agreed a fixed period of hire, you can end this contract at any time by:
- Returning the equipment to us at our location or telling us that the equipment is off hire and is available for collection (this only applies if we have agreed to collect the equipment from you).
- If we have agreed a fixed period of hire, you must return the equipment to us (or make it available for us to collect) during our advertised opening hours on the last day of the fixed period.
Unless we have agreed a fixed period of hire, we will be entitled to end this contract at any time by giving you seven days' notice in writing.
We will be entitled to end this contract at any time (including during any fixed period of hire) without giving you any notice if:
- You fail to pay any of the hire charges by the date they are due
- You do not keep to your responsibilities under this contract
- You go over any credit limit that we have agreed with you
If we end this contract, you must immediately return the equipment to us or make it available for us to collect.
If you do not return the equipment to us (or make it available for us to collect) when the contract end, you authorise us to visit any premises where we reasonably believe the equipment is kept, so we can repossess it. You will have to pay our reasonable costs of collecting the equipment
14 Hire as a consumer
If you are hiring equipment from us only for domestic purposes, you will be dealing with us as a 'consumer'. The conditions set out in this paragraph apply only to our customers who are consumers.
We acknowledge that you are unlikely to have any specialist knowledge on the using the equipment safely and correctly, and maintaining it. However, we expect you to:
- Follow any instructions we give you on using the equipment safely and correctly.
- Use and maintain the equipment sensibly, as it is reasonable for us to expect from someone without specialist knowledge.
If you are not sure about how to use or maintain the equipment, contact us for advice.